Lumineers provide the least invasive and result-oriented treatment for beautiful smile. It provides the best technique for Tooth Bonding Forest Hills if you have teeth with gaps. Here, our Tooth Bonding Dentist Forest Hills guides you to Lumineers:
The LUMINEERS No-Prep Technique
allows LUMINEERS to be placed over the existing
teeth without the removal of any form of tooth
structure. Therefore, anesthesia and temporaries are
also not required. The majority of patients fit this
technique. It is a proven fact that bonding enamel
to porcelain is a solid, secure bond compared to
bonding dentin and porcelain.
The LUMINEERS Minimal
requires slight modification of the enamel but never
touches dentin during LUMINEERS placement.
Only .3 mm-.5 mm enamel is removed, causing no
sensitivity for the patient and therefore no need for
any anesthesia. Minimal contouring is commonly
used when cases involve misalignment. Minimal
contouring requires the use of 4X magnification and
a fluted carbide diamond.
The LUMINEERS Full-Prep Technique
is most commonly required when a thick porcelain
is used. The full prep technique was developed
to compensate for the thick porcelain available to
them at the time. LUMINEERS made of Cerinate
porcelain is a major cosmetic breakthrough. It can
be made thick or thin; most patients, however, prefer
thin LUMINEERS due to the non-invasive technique.
An additional appointment is required for this
process as well as anesthesia and temporaries.
And as noted before, bonding enamel to porcelain
creates a solid, secure bond compared to bonding
dentin and porcelain.
HOW TO LENGTHEN ANTERIORS
WITHOUT INCREASING VERTICAL DIMENSION
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
The LUMINEERS BY CERINATEÂ® program is extremely successful and exciting
because it is every dentist’s and every patient’s dream. You can provide a new
smile without shots, without the painful removal of sensitive tooth structure,
and without the need for even an aspirin being given before, during or after
the placement of a new, gorgeous LUMINEERS smile. Listed below are tips for
successful placement of LUMINEERS or as some dentists like to think of it: “How to prevent remakes!”
TIPS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS:
- Pre-Training: Make sure that you have attended a LUMINEERS course, especially
within the past 12 months. It may look or seem simple, until you encounter an
opportunity you haven’t had experience with before. A course on the placement
of LUMINEERS will help you avoid any initial start-up pitfalls. You will also learn
about the most current products and techniques, as these are in a continuous
state of improvement.
- Be Selective: Selecting a case of 6-8 units on well-aligned maxillary teeth is your
best bet. Avoid extreme cases (severely stained, overly crooked, large diastemas,
gingival recession or missing teeth) until you’re more experienced in the
TIPS PRIOR TO SENDING IN A CASE:
- Staff Training: Your staff are critical to the successful placement of LUMINEERS.
One of your best investments is the training of your assistant in this procedure.
Proper preparation of the LUMINEERS, the right sequence of use of the materials,
the prevention of pre-polymerization and the correct mix of the luting agent are
all critical parts of your success.
- Shade: It is always easier to make a lighter shade darker; but almost impossible
to make a darker shade lighter.
- Single Units: If at all possible, also avoid doing a single LUMINEERS. These are
difficult to color-match and maintain. Natural dentition adjacent to the LUMINEERS
normally will darken over time. If the patient bleaches, then their natural teeth
may end up lighter than the LUMINEERS. It may save the patient an expense
early on, but it will cause dissatisfaction for the patient in the future. If the teeth
are harmonious in form, the single laminated tooth without reduction will always be
too prominent. Whenever possible, encourage the patient to place multiples of 2
and 4, at a minimum, rather than doing one anterior tooth without any reduction.
- Good Impressions: Do you remember how tough your professors were on you in
dental school to take good, sharp impressions? It is extremely important that you
take a sharp impression because this is what guarantees a great, successful case,
start-to-finish. Always allow trays to remain in the mouth for the full amount of
time, according to manufacturers directions.
NOTE: It is best to pour a model from the impression to make sure the
gingival margins are sharp. This will save the time from having to remake
- Materials: To achieve the highest esthetic value, proper fit, and shade matching,
the entire LUMINEERS System is required. The system includes Ultra-BondÂ® Plus
Try-In Paste, Shade Modification Kit, Ultra-Bond Plus and Tenure.Â® Attending a
Cerinate procedures presentation is highly recommended to ensure proper use of
BONDING LUMINEERS TO ENAMEL OR A DENTIN SURFACE
- USE 4-POWER MAGNIFICATION
4-power magnification is essential. Get yourself a good
magnification system whether from Den-Mat or someone
else. Your own prescription may be placed in the eyeglass
lenses. You will be better able to do excellent work and
prevent problems coming back to you because you will
have taken care of them beforehand.
- PREPARATION OF LUMINEERS
- After the patient is seated, treat the LUMINEERS with
Porcelain Conditioner for 30 seconds, rinse and dry well.
- Apply Cerinate PrimeÂ® to the LUMINEERS for 30 seconds
and blow thin.
- Place LUMINEERS back into the case box in their proper
- TRY-IN OF LUMINEERS
- It is always best to try in LUMINEERS with the Ultra-Bond
Plus Try-In Paste (Kit No. 031343550) to get a more
natural, translucent appearance. Try-In Paste is a must for
patient satisfaction and acceptance.
TIP: Using “Neutral” on a thin LUMINEERS will allow
almost all of the color of the underlying tooth to come
through. Use this shade only when the current tooth
shade is desired. If you try veneers in with water or any
other medium other than the Try-In Paste, the patient
will not see what the LUMINEERS are really going to look
like on the tooth.
- SURFACE PREPARATION
- Clean the teeth with a slurry of Porcelain Laminate
Polishing Paste and water.
- Etch teeth for 20 seconds with Etch ‘N’ Seal,Â® rinse
- Mix together equal amounts of TenureÂ® A and B.
- Apply 5 coats of the A-B mixture to each tooth, then
dry the tooth surfaces. They should appear glossy.
If the surfaces are not glossy, reapply Tenure A and B
until you get a nice glossy coating.
- Syringe Paint-On Dental Dam on lingual side of the
interproximals covering the gums and teeth
thoroughly (this aids in clean-up).
- BONDING LUMINEERS
We recommend the LUMINEERS Finishing Kit No. 033897100
which includes all the tools mentioned below.
- Use Den-Matâ€™sÂ® Schure 349 instrument to remove the
cured cement along the margins, as well as from the
interproximal area along both the facial and the lingual.
You may also use bur H246LUF012. This bur is an
excellent tool for cleaning up residual resin cement and
also great for finishing composites.
- Use bur 0856016 to remove the porcelain ledge.
- Trim/polish the margins of the porcelain veneer.
Use bur 858EF014, an extra-fine diamond, to smooth
- Using the interproximal fine diamond bur No. 8392016,
known as the â€œmosquitoâ€ diamond, refine the margins
along the interproximal area.
- Explore the tooth structure next to the CERINATE
LUMINEERS to check margins. There should not be
a catch (or bump).
- If necessary, further polish the margins using the
interproximal fine diamond bur again.
- Check the bite with articulating paper. Use bur 8379018,
the American football-shaped bur, on the lingual to
finish the incisal wrap and adjust high spots or length.
- Place a wooden wedge interproximally.
- Use the CeriSaw to separate the teeth. Leave the wooden
wedge in place.
- Use the CeriSander (fine grit) to smooth the interproximal
- Remove the wooden wedge.
- Use the CeriSander (ultra-fine grit) to further smooth the interproximal
surfaces. It is important that you use each sanding blade only two or three
times to open contacts.
- Check the interproximal surfaces with dental floss for smoothness.
- Polish the new smile with Porcelain Laminate Polishing Paste.
BONDING LUMINEERS TO ENAMEL OR A DENTIN SURFACE
- Placing LUMINEERSâ„¢ Over Crowns with Metal Margins: It is essential to use
4-power magnification and a small bur to remove the metal so thereâ€™s at least
1 mm of space between the LUMINEERS and the metal. This will allow for
application of either TetraPaqueÂ® or VirtuosoÂ® Flowable to fill that area and make
it look natural again.
- Placing LUMINEERS Over Pre-Existing Restorations: Whenever possible, it is
best to place LUMINEERS on all units of a pre-existing bridge to get the most
satisfactory result. It is generally impossible to achieve a correct shade match
when veneering 1 unit of a multi-unit restoration. Use of the CerinateÂ® Shade
Modification Kit is most helpful. It is important to know how to prepare all the
surfaces in these types of cases. Again, this is where a LUMINEERS Placement
Course can make the difference in long-lasting, beautiful restorations.
- Sandblast (microetch) to roughen the porcelain surface.
- Apply Revitalizeâ„¢ Porcelain Etchant (Kit No. 402060) to the porcelain surface for
2â€“3 minutes, then rinse and dry. Avoid soft tissue contact.
NOTE: PorcelockÂ®/Revitalize Porcelain Etchant is only for porcelain.
- Apply Porcelain Conditioner to the porcelain surface for 30 seconds, then rinse
- Apply Cerinate PrimeÂ® (Kit No. 1399) and gently air dry.
- Mix together equal portions of TenureÂ® A/B and apply 3-5 coats.
- Use the Revitalize Modifier and Opaquer (a thin layer) on the metal to mask
discoloration, if needed.
- Apply Revitalize Resin Cement inside LUMINEERSâ„¢
and place LUMINEERS on the tooth surface.
- Light-cure for 1â€“2 seconds using the Ceri-Taperâ„¢ 2 mm or 4 mm tacking tip and
the Sapphire Plasma Arc Curing Light. Remove excess Revitalize Resin Cement
from the margins by using a soft brush coated with Tenure S. Using a 9 mm tip
and the Sapphire PAC Light, completely cure all LUMINEERS, exposing each
surface for 5 seconds.
- Maximum bonding occurs in 24 hours. Final finishing should be performed at
- Finishingâ€”Adjust the occlusion and perform a routine finish on the margins.
ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED FOR LUMINEERSâ„¢ PLACEMENT
IN ONE CONVENIENT, REUSABLE CONTAINER.
This kit eliminates a cabinet of four to six different kits for your LUMINEERS
placement. No more trying to remember everything you need and having it
ready at chairside. In a convenient, ergonomically designed package, this kit
takes you through impression, try-in, preparation, placement and finishing.
Each tray is designed to fit your chairside as well.
JOIN THE LUMINEERSâ„¢ PRACTICE SOLUTIONS PROGRAM TODAY!
All of us at Den-MatÂ® Corporation wish to support and encourage dentists that
share our philosophy of non-invasive cosmetic dentistry. Thatâ€™s why weâ€™ve created
the LUMINEERS Practice Solutions Program.
LUMINEERSâ„¢ BY CERINATEÂ® IS REMOVING BARRIERS
FOR CONSUMERS WHO WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR SMILES!
Consumers are looking for a pain-free, non-invasive alternative to beautify their
smiles and improve their appearance and overall self-image-without the shots and
reduction of tooth structure associated with traditional veneers.
LUMINEERS BY CERINATE has become an immediate consumer sensation with
thousands of patients asking for a local dentist in their area and even more going
directly to their dentist and asking for LUMINEERS.
WHAT IS THE LUMINEERS PRACTICE SOLUTIONS PROGRAM?
The 1-877-LUMINEERS begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-877-LUMINEERS FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting Marketing and Practice Development Program is designed
to train you and your office staff on how to successfully promote and build your
Join today and position yourself at the forefront of non-invasive cosmetic dentistry
as a LUMINEERS Practice Solutions Program dentist by creating an office
experience that is conducive to successfully promoting your services and increasing
call 1-800-445-0345 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-445-0345 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting to join.
MORE THAN JUST A REFERRAL PROGRAM
EXCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- National and local advertising
- Exclusive LUMINEERS Referrals
- Personal services
Initial, onsite practice setup
Monthly consultation call with your dedicated
- Upscale, proven LUMINEERS marketing collateral
- Members-only training opportunities
50% off your workshop fee and 2 staff members free
- 25% off all LUMINEERS restorative materials
- Complimentary 4X magnification loupes
- Complimentary joint advertising CD
- Access to link with lumineers.com
- Access to 1-877-LUMINEERS begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-877-LUMINEERS FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting Marketing Specialists
- Local public relations package
PATIENT MARKETING INCREASES YOUR CERINATEÂ® BUSINESS
To help you maximize this historic breakthrough in cosmetic dentistry, weâ€™re here to
offer you comprehensive marketing advice and support. Whether itâ€™s in-office, staff
salesmanship, ads, or direct mailâ€”actively marketing LUMINEERS will bring people
through your office doors.
- COUNTER CARDS
- PATIENT EDUCATION BROCHURES
- DIRECT MAIL
- APPOINTMENT CARDS
- POST CARDS
WARRANTY AND CONTACT INFORMATION
FIVE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
LUMINEERSâ„¢ BY CERINATEÂ® is warranted against defects in workmanship
and materials for a period of five (5) years from delivery date.
Ultra-BondÂ® and TenureÂ® were specifically formulated to match the
properties of Cerinate LUMINEERS. The Cerinate Trio System:
LUMINEERS, Ultra-Bond and Tenure have been proven in an on-going
study to produce no debondings for over 20 years. We are confident you
will find success with LUMINEERS for your patients. When you use the
Cerinate Trio System together, we guarantee your case for up to five years.
For technical support, call your
representative at 1-800-445-0345 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-445-0345 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
- Cerinate Studios: 1-800-872-8384 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-872-8384 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting
- Case photos can be e-mailed to
- Lumismile (digital imaging service)