Patient Care Information
You’ll be glad to know that most patients become immediately accustomed to their delicate and light-weight Valplast® restoration. However, you may experience a brief adjustment period, especially if you have never worn a dental appliance before. Should you experience any persistent irritation, please consult your dentist so that he or she can make necessary adjustments to your appliance.
Valplast® restorations, like your own teeth, require care and good oral hygiene. To keep your Valplast® restoration looking and feeling like new, please follow these simple directions:
- Clean your Valplast appliance regularly. The Val-Clean® Concentrated Denture Cleaner will safely, quickly, and effectively maintain the cleanliness of Valplast® partials as well as other removable dental appliances. Val-Clean® is available directly from Valplast Support Services, and can be ordered by calling (888) 325-3260.
- Soak your Valplast® appliance in Val-Clean® for 10-15 minutes a day, or overnight at least three times a week.
- Loose particles can be removed with the use of a sonic denture cleaner, or by placing the appliance under running water. Brushing a Valplast® appliance is not recommended as this may remove the polish and roughen the surface over time.
- If possible, rinse your Valplast® dental appliance after eating to remove any food particles.
- Keep the partial in water or in denture cleaner whenever it is not being worn to keep the surface hydrated.
- Remember to brush your natural teeth and gums regularly as directed by your dentist.
Additional Tips for the Care of Your Valplast® Appliance
- Cleanse the Valplast® appliance daily and keep it in water or your cleaner whenever it is not being worn.
- Store brands of denture cleaner are not recommended for cleaning a Valplast® appliance, as they are not effective and may contain ingredients that can damage the Valplast® or its color
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes may scratch or dull the surface of your Valplast® appliance. Be sure to remove your Valplast® restoration whenever you brush your natural teeth.
- Please keep the appliance out of reach from pets. Dogs and other pets find dental appliances to be attractive chew toys.
- Valplast® appliances are very durable and are designed to give long term performance under normal usage. Please note that the Valplast® base material will resist fracture or breakage better than the synthetic teeth that are embedded in it.. Small accidents such as dropping the appliance in the sink or on the floor will not damage the Valplast®, but may cause the teeth to fracture. Please handle the appliance with care.
- Contact your dentist if you experience any discomfort from your dental restoration or if you ever have any abnormality with your natural teeth or gums.